Intel's most recent trend suggests a bullish bias. One trading opportunity on Intel is a Bull Put Spread using a strike $57.00 short put and a strike $52.00 long put offers a potential 14.68% return on risk over the next 8 calendar days. Maximum profit would be generated if the Bull Put Spread were to expire worthless, which would occur if the stock were above $57.00 by expiration. The full premium credit of $0.64 would be kept by the premium seller. The risk of $4.36 would be incurred if the stock dropped below the $52.00 long put strike price.
The 5-day moving average is moving up which suggests that the short-term momentum for Intel is bullish and the probability of a rise in share price is higher if the stock starts trending.
The 20-day moving average is moving up which suggests that the medium-term momentum for Intel is bullish.
The RSI indicator is at 77.64 level which suggests that the stock is neither overbought nor oversold at this time.
To learn how to execute such a strategy while accounting for risk and reward in the context of smart portfolio management, and see how to trade live with a successful professional trader, view more here
LATEST NEWS for Intel
Huawei Banks on Strong Smartphone Growth Despite Blacklist
Wed, 06 Nov 2019 10:21:58 +0000
(Bloomberg) — Huawei Technologies Co. expects smartphone shipments to grow 20% next year — about the same pace as in 2019 — even if it’s blocked from the latest Google software, suggesting the Trump administration efforts to contain the company’s rise may not be working.The world’s largest smartphone maker after Samsung Electronics Co. can rely on its massive home market and in-house software to drive a one-fifth rise in 2020 unit growth, said Will Zhang, Huawei’s president of corporate strategy. Sourcing the hardware for smartphone manufacturing wasn’t a problem because of the availability of global supply, he told Bloomberg News. Billionaire founder Ren Zhengfei later chimed in to say the Chinese giant should manage to move 240 million to 250 million devices in 2019, a rise of as much as 21% from last year.Huawei is approaching a critical juncture in its fight for survival, six months after Washington barred it from buying key U.S. components and software without special licenses. Those include Google’s Android operating system, semiconductor design tools from Synopsys Inc. and Cadence Design Systems Inc. and radio frequency chips made by Qorvo and Skyworks. That threatens to dent Huawei’s smartphone business, which ships more than twice as many devices as Apple Inc., while impeding its ability to make fifth-generation networking gear.Read more: Huawei Faces Worker Backlash Over Extreme Hours to Fight TrumpOn Wednesday, Ren said the inability to access Google’s latest and greatest would depress sales overseas — but not so much in China, where consumers behind the Great Firewall have long been forced to seek out local content. Huawei in fact is working now on American alternatives to both software and components.“We have mobilized thousands of people and they are working hard to address these issues,” the founder said on a panel moderated by Bloomberg Television and live-cast from Shenzhen. “I expect that next year there will be a big rise. But we don’t know about the future.”China’s largest technology corporation is a central facet of sensitive negotiations intended to defuse trade tensions with the U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has expressed optimism that the U.S. would strike a “Phase One” trade deal with China this month, adding that licenses would come “very shortly” for American companies to sell components to Huawei. Till then, the U.S. blacklist is exacting an uncertain toll on the Chinese networking giant.Read more about the trade war: China Insists Trump Give Up His Favorite Trade Weapon — TariffsZhang said in the past Huawei set one target for smartphone shipments, but now because of increased uncertainty in the market it developed three different goals that include best and worst case scenarios. Under a moderate scenario, smartphone shipments could rise around 20% next year, he said. “Even for the pessimistic one, we see small growth,” said Zhang. The best case projection is for 40% growth.Huawei, which gets roughly half of its revenue from its smartphone division, has so far managed to sustain an enviable pace of growth despite its precarious situation. It gained market share against Apple and Samsung in the third quarter by expanding smartphone shipments 29%. In its home market shipments jumped 66% in the third quarter but only rose about 18% sequentially abroad, according to Canalys. Huawei posted a 24% surge in revenue in the first nine months of 2019, boosted by a 26% jump in smartphone shipments to 185 million units.Read more: TSMC to Keep Supplying Huawei, Quashes Talk of U.S. PressureRen once predicted the Trump administration’s move could knock $30 billion off his company’s revenue. That amount was later trimmed to $10 billion. Zhang revised down the total impact amount again on Tuesday. “Now I think it’s less than $10 billion,” he said. A significant part of that comes from Huawei’s server business, which he said had been expected to generate revenue of $8 billion this year. “But that will be cut in half,” he said, because Huawei was having difficulty making servers that employed the dominant x86 architecture used by U.S. giants Intel Corp. and Advanced Micro Devices Inc. “Although servers are not our core product, every project involves one,” Zhang said.He also said 20% to 40% of Huawei’s products were affected by the ban. “Some impact was small, so we could easily find a solution within half a year or three months. But for servers, it impacted our business, our revenue and our strategy for the future as well.”Longer term, the company is exploring ways to get around a Google blockade. Huawei introduced its Mate 30 series in September, the first marquee phone that runs an open-source version of Android and lacks Google-licensed apps from Gmail to YouTube and Google Play Store. Huawei is also developing its own operating system, HarmonyOS, which is designed primarily for Internet of Things devices but can also power smartphones. In September, the company offered $1.5 billion to lure global developers to create software for its own ecosystem.“Huawei is like a chicken caught between two elephants,” said Kishore Mahbubani, a former president of the UN Security Council who was on the panel with Ren. “Huawei has got be very agile and careful as it navigates a very delicate geopolitical situation.”Read more: FCC Wants to Know if Huawei Gear Is Near U.S. Military Bases(Updates with Ren’s comments from the second paragraph)To contact Bloomberg News staff for this story: Stephen Engle in Beijing at firstname.lastname@example.org;Gao Yuan in Beijing at email@example.com;Peter Elstrom in Tokyo at firstname.lastname@example.orgTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Edwin Chan at email@example.com, Colum MurphyFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.
U.S. Sees Japan-South Korea Thaw as Last Hope to Save Intel Pact
Wed, 06 Nov 2019 08:43:15 +0000
(Bloomberg) — The U.S. is encouraged that Japan and South Korea are showing their first signs of a thaw in their yearlong feud. But it’s unclear whether ties between the two American allies will warm fast enough to save a key intelligence-sharing pact.The neighbors have a little more than two weeks to stop the defense pact from becoming a lasting casualty of their diplomatic crisis, even as they face common threats from China and North Korea. South Korea moved to withdraw from the agreement in August and it will expire on Nov. 23, unless its notice of termination is withdrawn.The U.S. has been pressing South Korea to reconsider the move, Japan’s chief government spokesman said Tuesday. And a brief meeting between Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and President Moon Jae-in in Thailand on Sunday has sparked hopes that frosty ties may be warming up.“That’s an encouraging sign as we watch the relationship improve,” said Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs David Stilwell on Wednesday in a visit to South Korea where he met officials in Seoul for talks that touched on the pact. He didn’t offer details on whether Moon’s government was ready to change its plans.South Korea’s presidential Blue House also offered little clarity on the matter, saying in a statement it had “detailed, constructive, and future-oriented” discussions with the U.S. envoy and laid out Seoul’s position.Ahead of Stilwell’s arrival in South Korea, Former Japanese Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya said in an interview that security was an immediate problem and should be treated separately from the overall relationship. Keeping that channel of communication open could even help restore the broader relationship, Iwaya said in Tokyo.“An agreement showing that Japan, the U.S. and South Korea will cooperate on national security, and have the kind of relationship in which they can even share secret military information, has great symbolic value,” he said.Moon expressed optimism after his meeting with Abe, their first such encounter in more than a year. “With Prime Minister Abe, I held a meaningful meeting that could be the start of dialogue,” he said on Twitter on Tuesday. Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi, however, offered a note of caution about Abe’s meeting with Moon. “We shouldn’t give too high an evaluation of this 10-minute conversation,” Kyodo News cited Motegi as telling reporters.Meanwhile, South Korean Defense Minister Jeong Kyeong-doo told the National Assembly in Seoul that the military agreement should be maintained if it was at all helpful to national security. The General Security of Military Information Agreement, or GSOMIA, was signed by Japan and South Korea in November 2016 and was seen as a breakthrough in getting them to cooperate independently of the U.S.Raising AlarmSouth Korea notified Japan in August it would withdraw from the hard-won agreement, raising alarm in Washington. The Moon government said it had difficulty trusting Japan after it imposed export restrictions that Seoul saw as politically motivated.Relations between the two Asian neighbors have sunk to their lowest point in decades since the South Korean Supreme Court ruled last year that a Japanese company must compensate conscripted workers from Japan’s 1910-1945 colonial rule over the peninsula. Japan says all such claims were settled under a 1965 treaty, while the South Korean courts said that agreement didn’t cover emotional pain and suffering.Baek Seung-joo — a former South Korean vice defense minister who helped broker a separate three-way intelligence pact that included Japan and the U.S. — said that Seoul’s decision to let GSOMIA expire could hurt its international standing.“If we lose the trust of the U.S. on the South Korea-U.S. Alliance, that would impact the level of trust from other U.S. allies, NATO, and international society in general,” said Baek, who was a part of a 2014 deal known as the Trilateral Information Sharing Arrangement.(Adds comment from U.S. envoy and details.)\–With assistance from Emi Nobuhiro.To contact the reporters on this story: Isabel Reynolds in Tokyo at firstname.lastname@example.org;Jihye Lee in Seoul at email@example.comTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Brendan Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jon Herskovitz, Colin KeatingeFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.
AMD’s Turnaround Story: From 2012 to 2019 and Beyond
Tue, 05 Nov 2019 22:12:38 +0000
The year 2017 was an important one for Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). Let's take a look at why—and how far the company has come since then.
Nio shares soar on deal to manufacturer self-driving car tech for Intel's Mobileye
Tue, 05 Nov 2019 22:06:01 +0000
Shares of Nio, the Chinese electric carmaker with U.S. headquarters in North San Jose, soared nearly 38 percent after it said it was teaming with Intel's Mobileye on developing self-driving vehicle systems.
How Former McDonald’s CEO Easterbrook May Leave with a Supersized $60 Million
Tue, 05 Nov 2019 19:22:24 +0000
McDonald’s Corporation Former CEO Easterbrook Departed without “Cause” So Keeps Valuable Stock and Options By John Jannarone At first glance, it might appear that Stephen Easterbrook left his post as CEO of McDonald’s Corporation with peanuts. But a closer look reveals he may keep restricted stock and options worth over $60 million. On Sunday, the […]
Also on Market Tamer…
Follow Us on Facebook