Devon Energy's most recent trend suggests a bearish bias. One trading opportunity on Devon Energy is a Bear Call Spread using a strike $41.00 short call and a strike $46.00 long call offers a potential 19.05% return on risk over the next 13 calendar days. Maximum profit would be generated if the Bear Call Spread were to expire worthless, which would occur if the stock were below $41.00 by expiration. The full premium credit of $0.80 would be kept by the premium seller. The risk of $4.20 would be incurred if the stock rose above the $46.00 long call strike price.
The 5-day moving average is moving up which suggests that the short-term momentum for Devon Energy is bullish and the probability of a rise in share price is higher if the stock starts trending.
The 20-day moving average is moving down which suggests that the medium-term momentum for Devon Energy is bearish.
The RSI indicator is at 52.86 level which suggests that the stock is neither overbought nor oversold at this time.
To learn how to execute such a strategy while accounting for risk and reward in the context of smart portfolio management, and see how to trade live with a successful professional trader, view more here
LATEST NEWS for Devon Energy
New Research Coverage Highlights Harley-Davidson, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Devon Energy, Dunkin' Brands Group, Acco Brands, and Integra LifeSciences — Consolidated Revenues, Company Growth, and Expectations for 2018
Thu, 04 Oct 2018 12:00:00 +0000
NEW YORK, Oct. 04, 2018 — In new independent research reports released early this morning, Market Source Research released its latest key findings for all current investors,.
Weakest Upstream Stocks in the Week Ending September 28
Tue, 02 Oct 2018 16:06:36 +0000
Southwestern Energy (SWN), a natural gas–weighted exploration and production company focused in the Appalachian Basin, was the weakest upstream stock in the week ending September 28. Southwestern Energy fell 10.8% last week. The company’s decline despite gains in natural gas prices could be attributed to a target price cut by Morgan Stanley. Morgan Stanley lowered Southwestern Energy’s target price to $3 from $6.
What Analysts Are Recommending for Devon Energy
Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:32:30 +0000
Of the Reuters-surveyed analysts rating Devon Energy (DVN), 66% of them are recommending a “buy” for the stock, and the remaining 34% are rating it a “hold.” Barclays recently initiated coverage of DVN with an “overweight” rating, which is equivalent to a “buy.” DVN has seen six rating updates over the past six months, including two upgrades and four new coverage initiations.
Why Institutional Investors Are Bullish on Devon Energy
Mon, 01 Oct 2018 13:02:44 +0000
In the second quarter of 2018, Citadel added a major position in Devon Energy (DVN). It bought 6.9 million shares valued at $301.6 million. Nomura Securities added 3.4 million shares.
What Devon Energy’s Current Valuation Indicates
Mon, 01 Oct 2018 11:33:34 +0000
So far in this series, we’ve looked at Devon Energy’s (DVN) market performance, technical indicators, and price forecast. Now let’s analyze its current valuation compared to its peers and historical levels.
Also on Market Tamer…
Follow Us on Facebook